- Make sure your domain name loads. If it doesn't load your your email account wont work.
- Make sure you have setup your email accounts in your control panel. You can login at yourdomain.com/cpanel. For information on how to set up an email account for your website in your control panel click here.
You are now ready to begin setting up your email accounts.
- Open Outlook Express
- Go to "Tools" and click on "Accounts"
- A "Internet Accounts" window will pop up. Click on "Add", then click on "Mail".
- This will start up Internet Connection Wizard. Enter your name where it says "Display name:" and click "Next" at the bottom right.
- Enter your Email address in the input box. This does NOT have to be your "firstname.lastname@example.org"( you can use "email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc). Then click Next.
- In the Incoming mail field type mail.yourdomain.com
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP)field type mail.yourdomain.com
(so if your domain name is furtheronline.com, then you would put "mail.furtheronline.com" there). Click Next.
- Now type in your username that you have setup from cpanel using the following format: "email@example.com"
- Just click Finish and you're done!